Consumer Tips on Choosing a Roofing Contractor
Replacing a roof is a major responsibility for the average homeowner. Because it's a problem that might be faced only once or twice in a lifetime, it can become a perplexing and sometimes frightening dilemma. But a new roof can transform your home. It can enhance the visual appearance of your home, and impart a pride of ownership. When you sell your home, a well applied decorator asphalt shingle roof will not only make the sale easier, but likely help attract a higher price. A good roof is like a vault, it protects everything you have from the elements. There is no doubt that making the wrong decision can have a lifetime consequence. So, when the time comes for roof replacement, "which contractor" is a decision the homeowner must make with absolute confidence. Sears Canada Inc. has been serving Canadians for more than 45 years. As Canada's only coast to coast home improvement retailer our contractors must be the best in their business. Because it is vital to know you can rely on the roofing contractor you choose, every Sears Roofing Contractor is a qualified expert whose work is backed by the famous Sears guarantee....and Sears builds lasting relationships with our customers.
It's important to understand that all roofing contractors are not alike. Here's a few reasons why Sears should be considered as the right roofing contractor for your home;
- Ask your friends and neighbours; complete customer satisfaction has always been Sears most reliable sales tool.
- Sears has a proven track record; the installation is conducted in a professional manner and we're here to make sure everything goes right.
- Sears will gladly provide a list of references, including satisfied customers in your area.
- Sears will be happy to provide a free in-home, no obligation written estimate.
- During installation Sears contractor's liability protects the homeowner from property damage and workman's compensation.
- Sears roofing products carry all the required government approvals, and the installation conforms with all local building codes.
- Only Sears authorized installers are used on all roofing jobs.
- Sears follows the manufacturer's installation instructions precisely, so that all product warranties are fully valid.
- On completion, Sears will provide written product and application warranties, and a pledge of satisfaction.
- Sears can provide credit terms AND NO DOWN PAYMENT.
Consider these key components of a good roof installation;
The Deck: Because time deteriorates even the best constructed roof, the Sears roof installation removes or repairs all damaged areas and restores the roof to its original condition.
The Underlayment: A major part of the Sears roof installation is a premium quality asphalt impregnated "felt" paper that conforms to local building codes. The felt paper preserves the deck in its originally installed condition and forms extra protection against wind-driven rain and snow.
Eaves Protection: Canada's winter cycles of freezing followed by melting, gives rise to the phenomenon known as ice damming - melted roof water that is unable to escape because of ice blockage - that allows water to seep past the shingles and reach the roof deck. The Sears roof system offers this additional protection with the installation of a premium bitumen ice and water barrier at the eaves and valleys, available on request.
Drip Edging: Water will not clear the roof by itself. Instead, if not prevented, it can run back up the roof under the shingles. "Edge water" will also stain and break down the roof fascia board. A Sears roof can include Drip-Edging, available on request.
Flashings: All metal flashings against chimneys, vertical walls, and soil pipes will be carefully examined and replaced if necessary.
Valleys: This potential problem area gets extra attention during a Sears roof installation with the use of either quality roll roofing, or painted galvanized sheet metal.
Ventilation: A poorly ventilated attic can greatly shorten the life of a roof covering. Sears ensures the installation of adequate exhaust venting to meet CMHC and CSA standards.
Shingles: Sears will help you choose from a wide selection of designs, from traditional to decorator and architectural styles, a style that's right for you and your home. The installation will be with premium heavy duty shingles with a warranty of no less than 25 years.
Consider Sears for your next roof installation - just call 1-800-4-MY-HOME®.
We're here to help you protect and improve your investment.