'Suede Duplex II' Cut-to-fit Plain Hem Room-darkening Roller Shade
Specifications & Warranty
Ratings & Reviews
Our room-darkening roller shade is cut to size for a perfect fit. Here is a simple window covering that is versatile enough to match almost any décor. Easy to install and operate, this vinyl roller shade will add modern style to your rooms.
3-ply, 10-gauge PVC vinyl, all colours show white to the outside hardware and instructions included, wipe clean
NOTE: can be cut narrower to minimum 16 1/4" width please state exact width required when ordering 66" l. 'Cut-to-Fit' blinds cannot be returned. Please measure accurately before ordering
We recommend using an outside mount for maximum room darkening and privacy
Add 3" to the width of your window when specifying measurements. An inside mount will have light gaps on each side, since the mechanism extends approximately 1 1/2" beyond the vinyl fabric on each side
Rated 4 out of
Room darkening blindThis shade was easy to mount outside the window frame. It certainly darkens the room. The only minor issue is that the edges curl inward slightly. Perhaps with time the edges will straighten. This isn't an problem for me as I ordered a shade that is quite wide, but it could allow light in if the shade just fits over the window frame.
Rated 4 out of
A great buy!I purchased this for my son's room in order to block out light. It works very well; however, the instructions for ordering are quite confusing. We ended up with gaps at each end that are allowing some light in so will order one a bit larger next time. Other than that we are completely satisfied with the purchase.
Date published: 2013-11-24
Rated 3 out of
Nice blindsYou get what you pay for. These blinds are inexpensive and it shows. The sides curl inward. I bought them for the bedrooms so it's not a big issue for me although I will now have to get some drapes now to cover the blind.
Date published: 2013-11-13
Rated 5 out of
Love the look. It keeps light and cold out and next summer i am hoping the heat too. make sure to measure correctly otherwise you can waste money. finally i got somthing affordable to cover my large window with style.
Date published: 2013-10-25
Rated 4 out of
Exactly what we were looking for.The blind fit perfectly with our decor and is accomplishing what we wanted - a dark bedroom to enhance sleeping experience.
Date published: 2013-10-17
Rated 1 out of
AVOID THESE BLINDSAVOID THESE BLINDS
I ordered several of these. They are not worth the savings and plan to return.
1. They are not at all as described. 'Suede' is truly just a nick name. It basically has the texture and look of a plastic tarp.
2. The measuring instructions and videos tell you to measure the full size of the window and that adjustments will be made to account for the mounting. Of the 5 blinds I bought, only 1 fits. Why? Because the 4 others do NOT have a spring tipped pin so there's no way to get it into the window. The mounts are offset by about 1/2 inch on each end. All the instructions state that the pin is springy and 1 of them has it and 4 do not. 1 was frankly completely too long for the window. It was cut improperly. I am an engineer and so believe you me, I measured several times.
4. The no return policy on custom blinds means even if they don't fit, it's too bad.
5. The edges roll inward when hanging, so they're not very pretty hanging there.
6. Oh the worst is that the colour is only on ONE SIDE. That means that when your coloured blind is down, there is a WHITE roll at the top. It is very unsightly.
7. The colours are not as described and the swatches are not accurate. The 'Honey Brown' is the colour of very very dark brown. The lighter Blue is as dark as I thought the darker blue would be.
8. There is more than 1 inch of light on each side and we have an inner window frame so that means on say a steel frame window you'd likely see like 2 inches of light.
Is the back side ie side facing the window white in colour?
Asked by: Murphy2
Thank you for taking the time to contact Sears.
Indeed regardless of the color you choose it will in white on the outside facing side.
Thank you for choosing Sears and have a great day !
Answered by: gerk
Date published: 2015-06-20
When measuring the existing shade, do you measure from end to end, or do I just measure the actual material part of the shade? Thank you.
Asked by: Blinder
For reference please click the link below.
Thank you for shopping at Sears. Have a great day!
Il n'y a pas de corde, c'est manuel: un petit coup sec vers le bas et Ã§a remonte!! Ã ressort donc.
Answered by: JulieL
Date published: 2013-06-05
Can the spring mechanism be adjusted?
Bought one of these and I find the spring mechanism isn't strong enough to roll the blind all the way up. Still leaves about 8 or 9 inches and I can't get it to stay rolled up further. Is there a way to adjust the blind somehow so that this doesn't happen? I'd like to know before ordering the same blind for 3 other bigger/wider windows (this one is 59" wide)
Asked by: Anonymous
The spring tension is increased as you pull the blind down. To set the tension to a higher level, pull the blind down a foot or two and ensure that it is "locked" in place (i.e. it stays down when you let go) then lift the top of the blind out of the slot in the mount that is on one side and manually roll up the blind a foot or more and insert it into the slot. Pull it down and test the spring tension. If still too little, repeat the process.
Answered by: blindinstaller
Date published: 2013-05-23
can blinds be installed at top inside casing?
I am considering buying 2 blinds for one wide window since the larger size is not available in the colour i want. Can the blinds be top mounted inside the casing to accomodate this?
Asked by: Karael
yes, but light would come in between them
Answered by: cherric
Date published: 2013-04-29
Measuring for roller blind
The measurement of the window (including the frame) is 65 3/8 inches. I want to mount the blind on the outside of the frame. What width of blind do I order?
Asked by: Anonymous
68 3/8 inches at the very least
Answered by: Cherrybomb
Date published: 2013-03-24
Does it really look like suede?
Does the coloured side of this shade look like suede? More specifically, is it texturized-looking vinyl, or is it flocked to look like suede and soft to the touch?
Asked by: binkley
It is not flocked. It is a matte looking textured vinyl (at least that is the case, of the white coloured ones).
bvseo-msg: The getReviews method is only supported when schema.org is configured for structured markup. Please submit a support ticket at spark.bazaarvoice.com to have your Bazaarvoice configuration updated to use schema.org for structured markup.;