Sears Canada Pricing Policy
All prices quoted on our Website and in Retail stores and Catalogues are in Canadian dollars and do not include any applicable fees, charges or taxes including but not limited to, sales taxes, installation charges (labour or materials), home delivery charges or fees for optional financing programs. Shipping fees may also apply to certain Sears Catalogue pick-up locations. COD available for telephone orders only, and not available to all shipping locations. You will be advised of all applicable charges before we ship your order.
Quoted savings are off Sears regular prices, unless otherwise stated, and exclude clearance priced items. Offers and prices on our website, in Sears retail stores and in Sears catalogues, may vary. Offers are valid at time of advertising preparation and are subject to change without notice. Clearance items are available while quantities last. “Compare At” pricing is based on Canadian market research for identical or comparable items and is accurate at time of advertising preparation. Some prices may go even lower! Check in store or on Sears.ca for current pricing.
Unless otherwise stated, all prices refer to Sears prices offered nationally in Canada. For many savings offers, Sears regular price will take effect after the sale. Unless otherwise stated, "Lowest Prices of the Season" and "Lowest Prices of the Year" refer to our website, Sears Retail stores and catalogue prices, during the time period stated. When we say "Lowest Prices of the Season" or "Lowest Prices of the Year", that means that we have not offered, and will not offer, a lower price for that season or year. The Spring season runs from February 1 to April 30; the Summer season runs from May 1 to July 31; the Fall season runs from August 1 to October 31, the Winter Season runs from November 1 to January 31. The year runs from January 1 to December 31. These statements do not include offers promoted during ‘Black Friday' and ‘Cyber Monday' events, Boxing Day/Week sales clearance pricing, store closing/moving sales or Outlet store pricing, and ‘One Day Deals’. For items with ‘Compare At’ pricing: our ‘Lowest Prices of the Year’ statements are accurate at time of ad preparation, however we do continue to check our prices to offer you the best value.
RETAIL: Merchandise and brand selection varies by store. Savings off Sears retail store regular prices unless otherwise stated. When necessary, correction notices will be posted on sears.ca and in-store. Some items sold in our retail stores may be offered to you on this website at the current Sears retail store price. In these cases, the "Sears regular price" refers to the regular prices offered in Sears retail stores nationally in Canada. Not all retail store items are available in all store locations; to inquire by phone, check your local phone directory or visit our store locator to find the location and phone number of a store near you.
CATALOGUE: As a convenience, you may place orders from Sears printed catalogues using this website. From the sears.ca home page, click on 'Order From a Catalogue'. If you order after a catalogue has expired and merchandise is still available, you will be advised of the current price for that item. This price may be higher than the price printed in the expired catalogue. IMPORTANT: Some items may be offered at lower prices on this website, but you must 'Add To Basket' directly from the website item page in order to receive the website price.
SEARS.CA: Offers on this website, prices and merchandise availability are subject to change without notice. We endeavour to display to you only those items which are currently available to order, and item status is refreshed frequently. However, it is possible that some items, sizes and/or colours will be out of stock at the time you order. When your order is processed, you will receive an order confirmation verifying receipt of your order and confirming the availability and selling prices of all items in your order. In some cases, we may offer you a substitution of equal or better value.
"Our current website price" is the selling price on sears.ca and may vary from Sears printed catalogue prices and Sears retail store prices. You must 'Add To Basket' directly from the website item page in order receive the website price. Dates and/or times for sales and promotions will be determined according to Pacific Time (PST).
CATALOGUE AND SEARS.CA ORDERS: Our real-time inventory system sometimes is not able to keep up with demand, and we may have to cancel certain orders after they are accepted. We apologize for any inconvenience should this occur with your order. While we try to ensure accuracy, we reserve the right to correct any errors in pricing or descriptions, and to cancel or refuse to accept any order based on an incorrect price or description. Such corrections may be made even after an order is accepted.
The prices shown in your shopping basket are either the prices you entered or are the prices listed on our website for each item selected. The Total Price is calculated from the single-unit price for each item and does not reflect multiple-purchase discounts or other offers. Actual prices are recalculated when your order is passed to our central computer for processing. All prices quoted are in Canadian dollars and do not include sales taxes.
Sears.ca accepts VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and VISA Debit. We do not accept cash, cheques or COD for online orders. Remember to use your Sears ClubTM Rewards Card and earn Sears ClubTM Points!
TAXES & FEES
Sears charges sales tax for products ordered on this internet site based on the applicable combined federal and provincial sales tax rate of the location to which the order is being shipped.
Effective July 1st, 2010, new Harmonized Sales Taxes (HSTON) and (HSTNS) will apply to orders delivered in ON (13%) and NS (15%) respectively.
Effective January 1, 2013 QST (9.975%) will apply to orders delivered in PQ. This is in addition to GST (5%).
Effective April 1st, 2013, new Harmonized Sales Taxes (HSTPE) will apply to orders delivered in PE (14%).
Currently HST continues to apply to orders delivered in NB (13%), and NL (13%).
GST (5%) only, applies to orders delivered in AB.
GST (5%) & PST apply to orders delivered in SK (PST - 5%), MB (PST -7%).
Effective April 1, 2013 GST (5%) and PST (7%) will apply to orders delivered in BC.
Effective July 1, 2013 GST (5%) and PST (8%) will apply to orders delivered in MB.
- Q: Why am I paying this environmental levy/environmental handling fee (EHF)?
- A: Provinces across Canada have set requirements on retailers, manufacturers and distributors to finance the recycling and safe disposal of designated waste products. Designated products cover largely electronics and electrical items, as well as some household hazardous wastes. This Environmental Levy on these designated products funds the recycling of these products that become waste. Each levy collected goes toward the local provincial program managing the collection, recycling and safe disposal of this waste stream.
- Q: Is this a tax?
- A: No, the fees collected go directly to the various provincial product stewardship programs that handle the recycling and safe disposal of applicable waste products.
- Q: Who gets the money?
- A: Collected levies go to the applicable program that is managing the recycling and safe disposal of that waste product category. The various programs are managed by the stewardship programs listed below.
- Q: Do discounts on product sales apply to the Environmental Levy/EHF?
- A: No, the levy is based on the type of the product and will apply to the product regardless of promotions.
- Q: Who can I send my comments to about this fee or if I have questions about the recovery program itself?
- A: If you have questions or concerns that you would like to express regarding the fee and the program it supports, you can contact:
- Canadian Electrical Stewardship Association
- Phone: 1-877-670-CESA (2372)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Encorp Pacific (Canada)
- 206-2250 Boundary Rd.,
- Burnaby, BC V5M 3Z3
- Phone: 1-800-330-9767 or 604-473-2400
- Email: email@example.com
- Product Care
- 12337 82A Avenue
- Surrey, B.C. V3W 0L5
- Phone: 604-592-2972
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Outdoor Power Equipment Institute
- Phone: 1-888-772-9772 ext. 219
- Alberta Recycling Management Authority
- P.O. Box 189, Edmonton, AB T5J 2J1
- Phone: 1-888-999-8762
Nova Scotia & Price Edward Island
- Atlantic Canada Electronics Stewardship (ACES)
- Phone: 1-877-313-7732 or 902-897-4359
- Email: email@example.com
- Ontario Electronic Stewardship (OES)
- Phone: 1-888-646-1820
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saskatchewan Waste Electronic Equipment Program
- PO Box 32102 Regina, Saskatchewan S4N 7L2
- Phone: 1-888-350-6555
- Email: email@example.com
- Q: What happens if I return the product?
- A: If a product is returned in accordance with Sears return policies, the levy will be refunded.
- Q: What happens if I exchange the product?
- A: If the exchange is for a similar product, then the levy will not be affected; a straight exchange will take place. If the exchange involves a different type or size of product, then the difference between the two levies must be paid or will be refunded.
- Q: What if I buy the product outside the province and have it delivered to the provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, Ontario, Nova Scotia or PEI?
- A: The levy is applied to all designated products that are delivered to the provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, Ontario, Nova Scotia or PEI, regardless of where the item was purchased.
- Q: What if I buy the product for delivery to another province that has no levy/EHF?
- A: If the product is purchased, but the pickup or final purchase is in another province that has no levy, you will not be required to pay the levy.
- Q: If I have Native Indian status, do I have to pay the levy/EHF?
- A: Yes, applicable GST/HST will be charged on the amount of the levy.
- Q: Is there PST on the levy/EHF?
- A: Yes, applicable PST will be charged on the amount of the levy.