Buying Guide for Roofing
Quality installed replacement roofs will give the homeowner protection from the outside elements; provide a great overall aesthetic look from the curb and provide peace of mind to the homeowner for years to come.
Why Choose Sears?
- Selection of industry leading product
- Sears approved installers
- Industry leading warranty
- Finance options tailored for every customer’s needs
- Competitive promotional offers
- Name you can trust
- Fully insured and certified
- Over 50 years in the business
Available Products including Features and Benefits
At Sears we have a wide variety of roofing options available:
a) Organic shingles (not available in all markets) – are made from paper or felt saturated with asphalt to make it waterproof. A top coating is applied and ceramic granules are then embedded.
b) Fibreglass shingles – are based on a fiberglass reinforcing mat, to which is applied asphalt with mineral fillers.
When asking about replacement shingles the customer should ask about…
- What is a complete roof replacement?
- How long am I warranted with the shingle I am buying?
Leave it to the Experts
Replacement roofing involves intensive construction. Roofs that are not properly installed may cause leaking and interior damage to the home.
3 Steps to a Professional Installation
- Ensure that there is sufficient ice and water shield
- Ensure that proper underlayment requirements are met as per code
- Ensure there is sufficient roof ventilation
Eaves and gutters should be cleaned of debris. Snow removal should also be considered areas where significant snow fall occurs.