Buying Guides for Bath
The Bath Shop at Sears offers a wide range of products to suit any décor or style bathroom. The four most popular categories in the Bath shop include towels, shower curtains, boutique collections and accessories.
Colour isn’t the only factor you should keep in mind when buying towels. Construction, sizing and usage are important elements to consider before purchasing.
- Construction: Many towels are made from 100% cotton, which offers great absorbency and softness. Looped threads are thought to provide better absorbency that sheared threads, which often means the towel is more durable. Also, remember that a heavier towel is thicker, and will appear more luxurious.
- Sizing: Towels generally come in several standard sizes, although their exact dimensions will vary depending on the manufacturer. Typical offerings include face/wash cloths, hand towels, bath towels and bath sheets. A well-stocked bathroom should have several of each.
- Usage: Whether purchasing single towels or sets, it’s important to consider who will be using them. Keep in mind that large towels or bath sheets may be cumbersome for small children or babies, while smaller towels may be too small for adults. Choose ones that you and your family will get the most use out of, with a small reserve of extras in case you host visiting guests.
To keep your towels in tip-top shape, it is recommended that you not use fabric softeners when washing them or fabric sheets while drying them. Chemicals in these products can coat the cotton fibres in towels, preventing or hindering the absorption of water.
A new shower curtain is an easy and inexpensive way to change the look of a bathroom in no time! Whether your purpose is to add a visual focal point or blend with existing décor, Sears has an impressive collection to choose from. Here are some helpful hints to help you decide:
- Design: There are many styles of shower curtains available, including semi-transparent styles, fabric curtains with water resistant liners, or fully coordinating boutique designs.
- Shower Hooks: Simple touches like hooks can add interest and detail to your space. Hooks that coordinate with your designs will keep the décor consistent.
Shower Curtain Care
Vinyl and other water resistant curtains and liners should have the opportunity to dry thoroughly each day to prevent mildew, while a regular wipe down with a cloth will keep them clean and stain-free. Fabric curtains may be machine washed regularly, although for best results, you should always follow the washing instructions listed on the label.
Boutique Bath Collections are a fun and simple way to coordinate the look of your bathroom. They take the guesswork out of decorating by offering coordinated accessories of every sort. Keep in mind that you can use as many or as few as you choose to make your bathroom look polished and complete. Typically, Boutique Collections include items like:
- Shower curtains
- Matching toothbrush holders, tumblers and cup holders
- Shower hooks
- Soap dishes and lotion pumps
- Waste baskets
- Bath carpets and mats
- Decorative toilet brushes
If you’re looking for even more updates for your tired bathroom, consider even more accessories for your space! These items help to finish off your room in style:
- New lighting for an updated look
- A bathroom scale to suit the new décor
- Candles and candleholders as classy accents
- Vases for fresh flowers
- Storage and shelving units to hold essentials and display accessories