Microwave ovens have revolutionized cooking. Speedy and smart, they are a modern living must-have for the home.
- Oven Rack(s): Racks allow for multi-level cooking of two or more dishes at a time.
- Pan: A pan that crisps food; perfect for pastries and pizza.
- Temperature Probe: A temperature probe is inserted into food being re-heated or cooked. The probe will indicate when the cooking has been completed.
Dimensions describe the internal height, width and depth of the microwave oven.
Control Panel Readout
- LCD Display: The time and power levels are displayed on a small lighted screen visible in the dark.
- LED Display (light emitting diode) is available in three styles:
- Simple: Only gives time and power level.
- Self-instruct: Walks you through the programming by telling you what to do at each stage of your cooking.
- Scrolling: Information is built into the programming. Once it knows what you're trying to achieve, it takes the guesswork out of cooking and directs you step-by- step.
Calculates the power and level of cooking required on food by selecting the type and weight. Measurement is available in imperial and metric on some models.
Display Language Options
Operational instructions on some models are available in several languages.
Door Opening Mechanism
Two choices are available. The push system opens with a light touch. The pull system has a handle to open the door.
Interior Oven Light
A light that switches on while the oven is cooking or when you open the door.
Turntable Diameter (In.)
Refers to the size of the turntable. Dishes that are wider than the turntable will not rotate.
Cooking OptionsAuto Cook
Pre-programmed cooking options which will save you time by calculating the time and power for you.
Monitors the moisture of the food while it is reheating, adjusting the power level up or down for perfect results.
Either manual or sensor. Food can be browned and crisped in the microwave.
Refers to the wattage of the element used during the convection cooking cycle.
Defrost – Auto
Monitors the moisture of the food while it is defrosting, adjusting the power level up or down for perfect results.
Defrost – Express
Pre-programmed algorithms reduce the defrosting time for ground meat, poultry, steaks and chops by about 36%.
Defrost – Quick
Pre-programmed algorithms reduce by about 71% the time required to defrost 1lb. of meat, poultry or fish.
Blends the benefits of microwave cooking with convection cooking. For example, if you select the 'beef' category and enter the weight of the beef, the oven will automatically blend microwave and convection cooking.
Controls the power according to the type of food being cooked and the speed at which it is cooked. Most models come with 10 power levels.
Counts down the seconds, minutes and hours of cooking time.
Over-the-Range OptionsAirflow Capacity (Cu. Ft./Min.)
A measure of airflow in cubic feet per minute. The greater the airflow capacity, the better the venting or circulating.
Single Propeller: Rotates and moves the air just like a fan.
Double Propeller: Two propellers move the air, providing more air flow.
Blower Wheel: Stronger than the propeller, it has a higher airflow capacity.
Twin Blower Wheel: Maximum airflow capacity.
Fan Speed Settings
Choose from a variety of settings. Higher settings move more air and are more efficient for heavy cooking.
A light to brighten the work surface.
Interior Venting: The air is cleaned through a charcoal filter and recirculates into the house.
Exterior Venting: The cleaned air is sent outside of the house.