Our most common support topics
- I need help with orders
- I need to know about product returns
- I have product questions
- I need help with repairs & home services
- I need help with Gift Cards
- I need more information about Sears
Our most common support questions
What shipping options are available?
For as low as $3.95 (non-refundable) you can have your order shipped to your choice of 1300+ catalogue locations across Canada. We will ship your order, directly to the address of your choice for as low as $7.95* to anywhere in Canada.
What is Sears return policy?
Refunds are credited back to the original tender type (in Catalogue/Sears.ca Agents debit transactions will be returned as cash).
Where is your head office located?
Please contact us at Sears Canada Inc. 290 Yonge Street, Suite 700, Toronto, ON, M5B 2C3. You can also visit www.sears.ca see more
To speak with a Sears representative call 1-888-473-2772 8:00 am - 10 pm EST. It's currently 10:59 AM in our offices.
What is Sears return policy?
Refunds are credited back to the original tender type (in Catalogue/Sears.ca Agents debit transactions will be returned as cash). >
How do I return an item bought online?Email support
What is your return policy for Sears Outlet / Liquidation Store?
All items are final sale. See local outlet store for details
I bought an item on sears.ca/outlet can I return it?
A receipt or proof of purchase is required for merchandise purchased on the sears.ca Outlet site. Purchases must be returned within 10 days of delivery/pickup of order and must have the tags attached, be in unused condition and be in the original packaging
- Refunds are credited back to the original tender type (in Catalogue/sears.ca Agents debit transactions will be returned as cash)
- Items returned with a gift receipt will be issued a Sears Gift Card. When a Sears Gift Card cannot be issued, a credit to your credit card account or a cheque will be issued
- Gift cards are non-refundable
- Delivery, shipping and handling, installation, promotional financing and other credit charges are non-refundable
SEARS DIRECT TO YOUTM ORDERS:
- For orders shipped directly to you, please complete the return form included with your order and attach the original receipt or proof of purchase
- Use the return label provided with the initial shipment and return your shipment with the carrier of your choice
- Or bring the merchandise you wish to return and the original packaging and proof of purchase to any of our catalogue locations for refund.
- If you’re missing your receipt, your Sears Financial™ Credit Card statement can be used as proof of purchase
- Without a receipt, a store credit will be issued for the lowest selling price of the item offered within the past 60 days
Online or Catalogue:
- Online and catalogue items are to be returned in original packaging with proof of purchase
- The following items can be used as proof of purchase: original receipt; gift receipt; or parcel tag
- Retail merchandise returned at a Catalogue Agent must have the original store receipt/proof of purchase; credit card statements cannot be used as proof of purchase at these locations
Exceptions & Exclusions:
- We do not accept returns on non-Sears Canada products
- Bonus items must be returned together with the original purchase unless otherwise stated
The following items cannot be returned:
- Seasonal items (e.g. Easter, Halloween, Christmas, etc.) after the event date
- Perishable food products, vitamins and health supplements
- Installed products, unless installed by a Sears technician
- Customized products such as personalized jewellery, monogrammed towels, custom window coverings, altered items, etc.
- Appliance floor models and furniture floor models
Electronics & Assisted Living:
- Returns will be accepted within 30 days when you use your Sears Financial™ Credit Card, or within 15 days with other methods of payment
- Video games, software, CDs, DVDs and ink cartridges will only be accepted if items are unopened. In the event of a manufacturing defect, we will gladly exchange it for the identical item, if available
- There are no returns on custom window coverings and blinds or monogrammed products (e.g. towels, sheets, holiday stockings, etc.)
- At Sears we recognize the importance of a good night’s sleep. To help you accomplish this we recommend you take a minimum of 30 nights as an adjustment period for your body to get used to the comfort and support of your new sleep set. If after 30 nights and within 365 nights of your delivery you feel that your bed is not as comfortable as you expected, and if you purchased a new mattress pad or cover from Sears at the same time, let us know and we will be happy to arrange ONE selection exchange for you.
- Subsequent exchanges will not be permitted
- Crib and floor model mattresses cannot be returned (final sale)
- Free cancellation prior to the day of scheduled delivery
- Once your item has been delivered, you may return it within 72 hours for a pick up fee of $75 where pick up is available
- Sears Optical Centre®/MD, Sears Hearing Centre, Sears Portrait Studio™, Alterations, Sears Hair Studio and Flowers by Sears® offer a satisfaction guarantee; speak to an associate at the location for details
- Sears Portrait Studio refunds are not available for portrait CDs, replacements only
- Lindt® Shop offers exchanges only within 30 days on regular priced items or any sale items up to 50% off
Sears.ca Outlet: sears.ca/outlet
- A receipt or proof of purchase is required for merchandise purchased on the sears.ca Outlet site
- Purchases must be returned within 10 days of delivery/pickup of order, must have the tags attached, be in unused condition and be in the original packaging
Accommodation for Persons with a Disability
- If a person with a disability is unable to return an item within the time period permitted for reasons related to the person’s disability, Sears will extend the applicable return deadline set out in this policy, including the deadline to cancel Custom Furniture orders, for a reasonable period of time. Sears reserves the right to require the person requesting the extension to provide proof satisfactory to Sears in its sole discretion that the person was not able to meet the return deadline for reasons related to a disability.
- The requirement to provide photo identification to receive a refund or exchange may be waived for a person with a disability who does not have photo identification upon the provision of other proof of identity satisfactory to Sears.
If you would like to receive our Returns Policy in an alternate format please contact us in any of the following ways and we would be pleased to discuss various options with you:
- Call us toll-free at 1-888-473-2772. If you have a hearing impairment and you have TTY equipment please call 1-877-732-7710 and a customer service agent will be pleased to assist you
- Fax us at 1-800-54-FAXIT (1-800-543-2948).
- Email us at email@example.com
- Make your request in person at a Sears store nearest you.
Apparel & Accessories
- We’re sorry, but for hygienic reasons we are not able to accept returns on Women’s panties, full piece shapewear, shaping briefs, Men’s underwear and swimwear, Kid’s underwear and swimwear. Women’s swimwear must be returned with original hygienic liner. Bras can be returned if unworn, tags on and with original packaging intact.
- Tags must be attached on special occasion garments & dresses
- Personalized jewellery, earrings for pierced ears, toe rings, and monogrammed or engraved items cannot be returned (unless defective)
- Fine jewellery and watches may be sent for authentication before refund is issued
Large Items** Return/Exchange (Major Appliances, Furniture, Outdoor Power Equipment, Seasonal Products & Fitness)
- Free cancellation prior to the day of scheduled delivery
- Exchanges free for 90 days when you use your Sears Financial™ Credit Card or 30 days with other methods of payment; delivery fees are non-refundable
- Once your item has been delivered, you may return it within 72 hours for a fee of $75
- Floor model clearance items are final sale
- Custom furniture orders can be cancelled within 48 hours of order placement without a cancellation fee. No exchange or refund.
- Floor models that are damaged in delivery may be returned for a refund (no exchanges)
Please return parts purchased on-line or from any Catalogue Department to any Sears Catalogue Desk or return parts depot purchases at Sears Parts Depots at the same location within 90 days if purchased on Sears Financial™ Credit Card, or 30 days on any other form of payment with receipt or Part Fulfillment Receipt. For Parts shipped to your home, please call the following return numbers for your region:
Parts Return Facility Contact Information British Columbia: 1-866-310-0044 Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, North West Territories, Yukon: 1-877-466-5151 Ontario: 1-866-301-6114 Quebec: 1-877-779-5876 Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, P.E.I: 1-877-899-5307
The following items are non-refundable:
- Installed electrical or electronic parts
- Parts kits that are missing assembly components
- Parts returned without a receipt or parts filling ticket
- Shipping and service order charges
- Items returned with a gift receipt will be credited to a Sears Gift Card
- Returns are to be made within 90 days from sales date or 30 days from the Registrant’s event date
- Items returned without a gift receipt will be credited at the lowest selling price and credit will be issued on a Sears Gift Card
- We are not able to accept the return of an entire gift list
Sears Outlet/Liquidation Store:
- All items are final sale. See local outlet store for details
Frequently Asked Questions
The Price Match Guarantee
Sears will not be undersold on any children’s apparel, footwear or nursery furniture
and juvenile products. We will match a competitor’s advertised price on identical
items within 30 days of purchase, or 90 days on purchases made with your Sears
FinancialTM Credit Card.
Price Match requests cannot be made at time of ordering; requests must be made in person. Bring in the local Canadian competitor’s current print advertisement showing a lower price for the identical national-brand item, and your original Sears sales receipt, to the nearest Sears catalogue location. Canadian website prices as offered by comparable competitors will be honoured when accompanied by a printout of the current website advertisement. If your request qualifies, you will be refunded the difference in price. For C.O.D. orders (where accepted), cash will be refunded or a cheque will be mailed to your home address; for account purchases the refund will be handled by a credit to the account used (credit may appear on the next statement that follows the statement showing the item purchase).
Price Match does NOT apply to Competitors:
- clearance items or close-outs
- advertising errors
- after rebate or coupon discounted prices
- timed specials or limited quantity offers
- store opening specials
- co-op or wholesale purchases
- damaged or distressed products
Help us learn to serve you better
We welcome your suggestions and feedback. Take our brief survey and let us know what we can improve for you.Take the survey
Helpful guides to help you find what you need while staying within your budget.See buying guides
Find the perfect fit
Our fit and measurement guides make it easy to find the size that's right for you.See the sizing guide
Talk to our departments
On-line Support1-888-932-101524 hours
Catalogue Orders1-888-932-101524 hours
Sears Card1-800-265-36758:00 am – 9:00 pm EST
Parts & Services1-800-469-46637:00 am – 10:00 pm EST
Sears Travel1-866-359-7327 7:00 am – 10:00 pm EST
Home Improvement Services1-800-469-4663 8:00am - 8:00pm EST
Protection Agreements1-800-361-6665Mon - Fri 7:30am - 10:00pm, Sat 8:00am - 8:00pm, Sun 10:00am - 6:00pm EST
Delivery Inquiries1-866-845-39768:00am - 10:00pm EST
Sears Mastercard and Voyage Mastercard1-800-267-1660Mon - Fri 8:00am - 9:00pm, Sat 8:00am - 8:00pm EST
Gift Registry1-800-211-2111Mon - Sat 8:00am - 12:00am, Sun 10:00am - 8:00pm EST
Hearing Impaired with TTY equipment1-877-732-77109:00am - 5:00pm EST